Michelle's Little Creations

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Project Life Week 5

I know its been a while since my last Project Life post. I have been running around trying to do party favors and decorations for my MIL's 80th b-day. Also I was going to a crop, so I saved up weeks 5 and 6 to do there. I have been really struggling with printing this year. I wanted to print all of my pics with white borders, but we have no Costco, and Walmart can not seem to grasp the consept of doing the white borders on all, they do the first pic in your order and thats it. I do most if not all of my printing normally on my Canon Selphy. I like being able to print when the mood or opportunity hits me. Borders on the Selphy are huge, so they alway need to be matted. I started my first week by trimming an 1/8" off all four sides and mounting pics on white paper, thinking I would find a solutions by week 2. I did not, and I dont want all the bulk. I have now switched to just full bleed pics. I recently got Photoshop Elements 11, but I have not figured out how to do white borders and to put more than one pic to a 4x6 to save on printing. But enough about my "issues" and on to my layout.



The week consisted of alot of cleaning and rearranging of furniture. I love how one decision to redecorate will spark the urge to do things in other rooms. For this week, I decided to use Pink Pasislee's Portfolio. I knew with the week being mostly about the redo of my daughters room, that there would be alot of grey, and pops of red. The set had little bits of red that I could pull out and that it had other colors so I was not just on red and grey overload!. Since I buy the 6x6 paper packs, I tend to also buy the coordinating journal card sheet in a 12x12, I also got the tabs, ephemera, and labels to this set as well. I had just received my Studio Calico order, so I had my new Oh Snap! alphas to use. I also used alphas from Lily Bee, October Afternoon, Thickers, and Basic Grey. I used journal cards from the Seafoam collection, some grid cards, and a couple others from where I'm not sure, and various washi tapes. I save some of my envelopes bills since I dont use mail, and used my old Fiskars alpha hand punches (I know, can you believe I still have them!) and punched the day into it for the journal card. I think it turned out great. The house stamp is from Amy Tan. I dont remember where the game card came from, I want to say it was a school themed pack.





I have 2 photo page inserts, a program and a play rehearsal schedule. I will just show you the 2 photo insert pages. The first insert is of my daughters room with journaling about time frame, and paint colors. I used an Ali Edwards journal card, and Jillibean Soup alphas. The second insert is of my daughter in the All County Music Festival on the front, and fun with our friends on the back. I included a couple tickets, and a grid journal card with a label from the Portfolio collection and Thicker alphas. The card is intented to hold the codes from the videos I took of the three songs they sang. Both inserts are just cut down Design A sleeves. This is the front of the first insert.



This is the back of the first insert and front of second.



This is the back of the second insert.



I have week 6 done and ready for upload as well as some pics of the things made for the party, so keep an eye out.
Pin It

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the title card, and the split ping-pong photo.