Michelle's Little Creations

Monday, April 4, 2016

Kill A Kit Monday

Good morning all! Welcome back to Kill A Kit Monday. This week I will be working on "killing" my February Scraptastic kit. I have done 3 more layouts toward this challenge. That brings my total to 6 layouts. Now this kit is smalle that my HKC kit, so I know I will not produce as much.

This first layout is of my fellow scrapbooking friend Melissa and I out to dinner with our families. We have been friends for 7+ years, since our daughters played softball on the same team. My husband mentioned to her I was a scrapbooker, and as they say, "the rest is history!" I used some of the Maggie Holmes flowers form the bloom collection, a couple pieces of the acrylic, and many aper scraps. I pulled in a piece of vellum and  Mr Huey color mist to this layout.

                                      

The second layout is of my sweet kitties, Willow and Maisy. It seems whenever I look, they are always together. As far as sketches go, I tend to puruse Pinterest alot, find layouts that catch my eye and then make a rough sketch of it on my 3x4 Project Life grid cards that I keep on a metal ring. I sometimes write down where the sketch is from, but I did not for these. My guess would be Citrus Twist, since I just signed up for their kits again, so Ive been checing out thir design team. I pulled in the "adorbs" accetate piece from Heidi Swapp, the enamel dots and more Mr Huey color mist.


My final layout is a Project Life spread. I loved out this turned out. The colors where great. It was the week of St Patrick's Day, so I pulled all the green cards from the PL kit as well as the cut apart from Maggie Holmes Bloom. I did pull in 2 extra journal card because they fit what I needed. With doing Design K sleeves, it means I need to cut down all of the title cards to fit my design. Some work great for cutting, others I will need to save for finishing my 2014/2015 PL years. Here is the full spread together.


Here is the left side of the spread, the beginning of thre  week. I did a little flip up onthe deer card, you can see the floral paper beneath it. When flipped up the top of the card has my journaling for archery, and the bottom has Hannah's archery score card. I also put in my daughters beautiful drawing of our cat Abby. She is no longer with us, but the girls grew up with her, she was a special kitty.



On this side of the layout, I included a couple fun cards. One for St Patty's Day, and one reminding me to take chances and try harder with my scrapping. Behind the "do more" card is the journalling about my trying out for the Hip Kit Club design team. 


Thanks for checking out my blog! I hope you enjoyed it. Check back tomorrow for Take from your Stash Tueday. Also head back over next Monday for another Kill a Kit Monday edition.


Pin It

No comments: