Michelle's Little Creations

Monday, March 14, 2016

Hip Kit Club- Kill A Kit part 4

This is the last post in this series. I had a great time doing it. I managed to complete 14 single page layouts and a Project Life spread, which included 3 inserts. I have to tell you, there is still quite a bit left, that picture will be at the end.  These last 2 pages were pretty inventive I think.  The first is using the Dear Lizzy alpha. It was a bit too busy for me, so I knew I wouldn't use it. I stuck all the letters on the top of a piece of white cardstock, and brushed white gesso on them. I repeated that 3 times to make sure it covered. I then took some Heidi Swapp color shine spritzed it on a piece of plastic packaging and whipped it on the letters. I then bordered the bottom of the letters with a piece of washi from my stash. I also pulled a piece of vellum, some rhinestone stars, enamel dots, and a doily from my stash to complete the page. I love how it turned out!



For this last page, I tool the remaining stickers from the Amy Tan pad and used it as a background. I made sure I used ones that would allow for journaling and would fit the picture. I added a piece of vellum from my stash. I think this one turned out well also! 


Now for the Project Life layout. I used the Project Life cards from the kit, as well as some of the different alphas, foam stickers, wood veneer, chipboard stickers, the mirrors sticker


Here we have the right size. I decided to showcase my epic scrapbook success! I have never created so many layouts in such a small amount of time! 4 days, I did 14 layouts in 4 days, and still went to 2 concerts, and a birthday party!


This is the front side of the first insert. Me, my daughter and my mother all went for our first tattoos.  It was a moment definetly important to document. It was a very symbolic tattoo for all of us. For the inserts I made a title card of sorts using the teal glitter alpha. 


Now we have the back side of the first insert and the front side of the second insert. We went to see STYX for the second time. It's nice that the girls enjoy the same kind of music as Steve and I. The right side is my nieces first birthday party. Again you will see the title card with the teal alpha. 


This last insert page is my daughters college concert. Yet another title card. I like that it gave the inserts a feel of unison. 


Here is the week as a whole without the inserts in the way.


Now, if you can believe it, after all those pages with all those goodies, this is what I STILL have left! I am absolutely amazed, but my new kits are here, so the remains of last months kit will have to wait for a while. So, is this something you would like to see more of? Did you like what you saw? Thanks again for checking them out. I now need to focus on my final page for the Hip Kit Design Team member submission. Wish me luck!





Pin It

3 comments:

Melissa said...

It's amazing to see all you have accomplished with the kits and how much product you still have left! And great technique to mask the colorful alpha to suit your personal tastes! Love that you finished with a Project Life spread. I'd love to see more "kill-a-kit" posts.

Unknown said...

Great job Michelle!!!!! You accomplished so much and have so much more to play with. I love that you found a way to use something you didn't "love" in the kit and made it your own! Great job and can't wait to see more!

Terhi Koskinen said...

Love your projects <3