Michelle's Little Creations

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Ready, Sketch, Go! sketch 11

I signed up for the Ready, Sketch, Go! class with Crafty Jen Schow and Tracie  Claiborne. I like to try new things, and I love Jens work. This is my take on sketch 11. This layout was to just "get my sea legs back" after being down and out with the flu for over s week. Slow and steady will be my motto. I needed a rest after completing this own! But I was going through withdrawal! You can't keep a scrapper down, for long anyway!


For this layout I used my January HIp Kits.  I pulled the teal heart washi from my stash, is it beautiful or what ? (As I swoon!) i had to pull in the teal, I mean look at that girls hair! I have to say even though we've heard a few parents balk at her colored hair, I love it! Blue has been that girls favorite color since she was a baby. It really does give you a taste of her spunky, bubbly personality! 

I used the xoxo wood veneer but decided it needed to be gold glitter, so I wiped it with glue, and turned it upside down into a dish of gold glitter and voila! I used gold and cream bakers twine that I got out of the Target dollar bin to connect the chipboard banner pieces and then of course, did droplets of Heidi Swapp gold color shine to finish it off! 
Pin It

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice layout. I love how you transformed the 'xoxo' wood veneer

Unknown said...

I love the gold. I also love how the teal washi helps pop the rest of the teal off the page! Awesome layout!!!