Michelle's Little Creations

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Weekly Layout Wednesday

Good morning all! I'm here today with the first installment of Weekly Layout Wednesday. This will be the day I post random layouts that are not part of the kill a kit series or challenges Ive decided to do. This layout is using the January Hip Kit Club kits. At that time I was not trying the Kill A Kit idea, so I hadnt kept track of how many I had done.
I love all the selfies my girls take together. Im very blessed that with a 4yr difference they get along so well. We were at a STYX concert when they took this one.This was another great kit to work with. I chose to use a diagonal pattern down the page. The additions to this layout not from thge kit were the resin flowers, a doily, Mr Huey black color mist, Heidi Swapp gold color shine, vellum, and twine for the tags.


This next layout was a "lyric challenge"  done for The  Scrappery. I knew as soon as I saw the challenge I had to do it. When my oldest was in kindergarten, they put on a daily Morning Program. This specific day fm was for Mother's Day, and they put on a skit. They played the song Child of Mine by Carole King, and I cried through the entire performance. What a beautiful song! So, whenever I am beaming with pride because I love my girls so, that song pops in my head. Well, Hannah saw this igloo dog house at PetSmart and just jumped right in! I just love her carefree spirit so much, it was "beaming with pride" moment!  I had to use THAT song, for THIS picture! 
First off for this layout, I pulled out my Poolside collection by Crate Paper. I then grabbed my Gelatos in Orange Sida, Guava, and Peach, colored them on a plastic wrapper and spritzed it with water then smeared it around where my picture would go, just enough for it to show around the outside.  I also went through all of my word Thickers for what I needed. (Oh, yes, sweet, and darling. The boxy letters are from the Crate Paper Poolside sticker sheet, and the heart alpha is also Thickers). The foam hearts and and G clef are from the same Thickers word pack as sweet. I layered the picture with vellum and pattern paper. The strips of paper down the side where curled on the edge using just my fingernail, I love the dimension it gives each layer. I polished it off with, you guessed it, Heidi Swapp Color amShine and Mr Huey color most!




We've come to the end again. I hope you enjoyed the layouts. Stop back tomorrow for Using Project Life in your Scrapbooking Thurday. Aso there will be another Weekly Layout Wednesday for your next Wednesday. Love to hear your thoughts. Until tomorrow...
Pin It

No comments: