Michelle's Little Creations

Monday, March 28, 2016

Kill A Kit Monday

Good morning all! Today marks the first day in my "weekly Schedule posts". I hope you are all as excited as I am. This week my post will be a Hip Kit Club kill a kit. I was able to produce 2 scrapbook layouts, and a Project Life layout. The 2 Scrapbook pages have already been shared on the Hip Kit Club Facebook Forum, but I will give more detail about them here.

First up, this page was so fun to make! I started with my trusty Gelatos in hot pink, yellow, and royal blue colored on a plastic wrapper each individually. I put a color on, then sprayed it with a water mister, folded the bag in half to blend it, and then wiped it in different spots to get the color where i wanted. I then moved on to the second color and then the third. I did notice the yellow did not pop as much as I wanted, so i used my yollow Heidi Swapp color shine to drip some around. Next I chose 3 patterned papers to cut for dow the side. For added dimension, I used my fingernail to raise the edges. I then layered my photo with patterned paper and some vellum. After that was just all the little goodies. I used the Elle's Studio labels, Basic Grey embellishments and enamel dots, some of the Pink Fresh word stickers, wood veneer hearts and bird sticker to accent the page. I just have to say I am in Love with the colors in this kit. My daughter favoritw color is blue, usually royal blue to be exsact, and its hard to find enough lines with that color to keep using. Im in my glory.


This next page is again, in need of that beautiful blue! Notice my daughters shirt and hair! The hair has faded quite a bit since first done. I love the "bordering my page" look, so I picked my background and cut the center out of it. Thou shall not waste! I then chose the patterned paper to use across the top almost half of the white paper. From there I put my Thickers title and went from there. I used the wood veneer to accent the wood form the boardwalk, and added a couple labels from Elles Studio and flowers from Basic Grey. I did pull in some of the mini alpha from October Afternoon which came in February's kit. I finished it off with Mr Heuy's color mist.


This third layout is obviously a Project Life spread. I loved the Project Life kit so much this month. Last months kit all I wanted to do was make scrapbook pages with it, I just loved it for that. For some reason this month, I am living how the Project Life is looking with this months kits. I actually got lucky, we were supposed to receive the Basic Grey Saturday Morning 6x6 pad, at the last minute she had to change some of them to the Pink Fresh Felicity 6x6 pad. I received the Felicity pad, and my dear friend Melissa received the Saturday Morning pad. They each come with 2 of each design, so we did as we many times do to save money and get more product, we split them! I love that I have someone to do that with!


On this left side, I did put a flip up. Sadly I can not figure out where I put my actually flip ups, so I decide not to waste any more time looking and used washi tape instead. I put it across the inside and outside to keep it secure. I pulled a small teal doily, washi, and an arrow paper clip from my stash. I used the cork and green pastic Thickers, the cork stichers from Basic Grey, Elles Studio bits and pieces, the black puffy arrow from Heidi Swapp, as well as Pink Fresh alphas, wood veneer hearts, and word stickers.  


On this side , more Pink Fresh word stickers ( I just love them!!!), wood veneer hearts, and vellum alpha, Basic Grey cork stickers and enamel dots. I had alot of pictures I wanted to included, but didnt want to leave out the important journalling. Behind the drink photo is a journal card with a washi pull  "tab". The oh luck me card was circle punched and the circle then put on dimensionals, behind it too is a business card with a wahsi pull tab. (I believe I forgot to put it back in prior to pic!) I had to document the "plan" my friend Melissa had for my collection of gift card, it was so funny to hear her play it all out. I wanted another pop of yellow, so I decided on the yellow alpha from Studio Calico, but didnt have an R upper or lowercase. I improvised, I used a P and cut a straight end off something I knew I wouldnt use. 


So, thats it for this week, 3 layouts.  I can get much more from this kit, so check back for more Kill A Kit pics next week. As always, I welcome comments and questions. Hope to see you again. Tomorrow will be Take from Your Stash Tuesday.
Pin It

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome layouts :)

Michelle said...

Thank you Aroha! Are you a traditional scrapper, project Lifer or both?

Unknown said...

I started via Project life but dabble in traditional pages :)

Michelle said...

Friday is exclusively Project Life Friday posts, but you are welcome to pop by to check out any of the posts.

Unknown said...

Thank you think ill just keep checking in :)

Melissa said...

I loved seeing both traditional and PL layouts using the same kit contents. Hope to see more of these posts!

Lori said...

Beautiful layouts! I'm not a subscriber to any kits, yet, but I like to see how far they can go. Let's me know if they are worth the money spent!

Michelle said...

Lori, my February Kill A kit produce 14 single page layouts and 2 project life spreads. One of those project life spreads had 3 inserts to it! Of course I receive their main, project life, and embellishment kits and the patterned paper add on! I would say the most versatile would be the main and embellishment kits, you can make traditional pages or Project Life spreads with them.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.